View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 04:09 PM   #13
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Having Romney as his running mate would have entirely changed the environment in the wake of the economic turmoil...which is what doomed McCain in the end, since he actually had a lead up that point.

Whether he would have had said lead without Palin is a matter of speculation, but I think it's a very safe bet that Romney would have helped during the crisis.
Chum beat me to it. I agree. Romney would have helped a lot, but no one really knew that the proverbial economic sh$% and the proverbial fan were going to meet with such awesome force and timing for Obama when they did.