View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 12:37 AM   #9
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
bologna

players want to get rid of coaches all the time.. coaches get fired all the time. It doesn't mean they are bad coaches. And him being friends with Bird has nothing to do with it. Nellie was the GMs son when he got fired for christsake. And how do you know the year off was because he wanted the time off to do ESPN? or because he wasn't interested in any of the teams with open positions?

I'll judge Rick on what he did with his past teams and what he's doing with this team. All that gossip and guessing doesn't do anything for me.
Dont give that speech. Players DONT always want to get rid of coaches. You sound silly to think that if a good friend of Carlisle fired him it dont mean nothing. When you fire a friend, you are essentially taking food from the table of that person that you are friends with. So, yes it had to take alot for Bird to fire him. I dont know what it was, nor do you, but I will assume it took alot to fire a friend.

When was the last time you heard of a young hot coach wanting to take off for ESPN? Well, I heard of one and his name is Avery. Remember all those head coaching jobs he turned down? For the record, Nellie did NOT get fired. Nellie did what he wanted to do to promote Avery and get paid from Cuban. As of matter of fact, he got paid twice, because Mark paid him and he took a new job as well all while relaxing on the beaches doing some so called scouting.

Carlisle is NOT above criticism, so it comes with the territory. I have not seen a single thing to change my mind otherwise on Carlisle from the past. I was hoping he would become the difference maker and that the complete problem was Avery. Right now, it looks like the problems are much deeper than Avery.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote