View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 10:45 PM   #66
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Not the last four years, of course not. But last year, definitely. Devin had a sort of break out year. I didn't get to watch any preseason games last year, and I remember being skeptical when people were telling me how much he had improved since the Golden State loss. But he definitely did improve dramatically. From 05 to 07, yeah, Terry was of course the more important player. But last year Devin really came into his own as a player, and yes, I daresay as a point guard.

Favoring the trade, or preferring Kidd to Harris is one thing. But it is absolutely ridiculous the way some posters around here are just taking a shit on the guy for no reason.

You can argue that Kidd is a better player these days, but that is it. To act like Kidd is still an MVP level guy and light years beyond a player like Devin is absurd. I know it's early in the season, but Devin is putting up 23 ppg on .450 FG%. I would KILL to have those numbers in our starting lineup.
I agree with you somewhat. But Harris IMO has a long way to go to get to the level that Kidd is at. Its not all about stats.

Now having his 23ppg would negate other players and you should know by now that you cant just add a player and expect everyone else to stay at the same level. What would happen to Dirk, Josh?? Harris can put up numbers like tht cuz in NJ all hes got is VC and some other young. I dont think he would average over 20 on this Dallas team

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote