View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 11:03 PM   #70
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
I agree with you somewhat. But Harris IMO has a long way to go to get to the level that Kidd is at. Its not all about stats.
No, it's not about stats. It's about ability. In this case, the ability to score, and get past the defense. Harris has it. Kidd doesn't.

Quote:
Now having his 23ppg would negate other players and you should know by now that you cant just add a player and expect everyone else to stay at the same level. What would happen to Dirk, Josh?? Harris can put up numbers like tht cuz in NJ all hes got is VC and some other young. I dont think he would average over 20 on this Dallas team
I disagree completely.

You're just not giving the guy his credit. Players' numbers usually are a bit inflated when they play on bad teams, but seriously, give credit where credit is due. The guy can flat out get to the rim.
The only reason he can put up those numbers is because he's only got VC and Yi? And what would he have here? Dirk and Josh... and who else?? Honestly, it's not like we're bursting with offensive talent here.

Quite the opposite I would say. Our problem is we don't have enough scorers. Not in the front court, and certainly not in the back court. Devin had quite a few big games for us and it never detracted from Josh or Dirk's production. Besides, if his scoring average was lower if he were still here, wouldn't it also be logical to assume that his assist numbers would be up?

I'm sorry, but the idea that Devin being here would take away from Dirk and Josh doesn't fly with me. Does Parker's superior scoring ability take away from Duncan and Manu? Do you think they wish they had traded him for Kidd when they had the chance? I mean, he's not a "true" point guard either. Something tells me they're ok with that.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 11-17-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote