View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #8
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Um, the Media partially created America... We didn't openly revolt against England until the Stamp Act unfairly taxed printed media and raised the ire of several newspaper owners (Benjamin Franklin, William Brooker, Benjamin Harrison I) who eventually went on to become members of the Sons of Liberty...

So when you say they "manipulated America," you have to go all the way back to the beginning and take the good with the bad...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did I not make a statement that not 100% of the media is to blame?

In other words I am taking the good with the bad. However it doesn't mean that we have to rollover and get bummed from the bad, we can actually stand up as a community and challenge the status quo to make a difference and change.

Isn't that what Obama wants, is a community to use its power as a people to create change.

I just happen to believe we can make an impact as a community and Change the way our media is providing information.

One of the perhaps unwritten rules of a journalist is to ask what you want the story to say. Should we not ask the reporters to tell the story the way it is and let the story tell its story?

Think about the situation in Iraq.

Was there not a ton of bad news coming out for several years and blame being cast on the Bush administration for a failed or wrong war?

Yet, over the past several months, we have seen some huge success in Iraq go UNder reported or perhaps even UNreported. Why is this?

Is it perhaps because the story would actually bring praise on the Bush Administration???

We have succeeded in Fulluja (SP?) - We have American troops coming home under the Bush Administration and because of the success.

Is the Media waiting for Obama to take office, since that will be about the time that the troops are indeed home and coming home? Are they waiting so they can pin 'Success' on Obama when he has done NOTHING for this war?

The media has an overwhelming majority of liberal interests and they admit it. I'm not sure what we have to do to change the media...but surely speaking out is one of our first options.

Of course I have two sons, conservative minded and both taking a look at going into journalism as a career...so perhaps that's the answer, it's time to Breed the liberal out :-)

Sure we joke, we vent, we attack one another...it's all entertaining on these boards...how do we take our little group and generate power to change?

If one vote is powerful, how powerful can the voices of this board become?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote