View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 02:11 PM   #14
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Just turn off your television/radio - stop justifying their existence...

Get your news through the written word - it's easier to cut through the slant and get the "facts," then come to your own conclusion about a story...

Stop believing everything you're told and start thinking for yourself!

(questioning the media is a step in the right direction...)
Fair enough...so how do we have a discussion about what is said in a program if that program was not actually observed?

In otherwords if I am in a debate/discussion about something said on a specific network because one individual saw it and referenced it, but I did not see this...how can I speak to that point?

It's difficult for me to whine about any network specifically without watching and understanding what I am whining about.

Heck, I'm as guilty as anyone in getting spun into a frenzy.

On that note, the printed word is also easily twisted to say what the writer wants to say. How do we find out what is included in a story and what is left out?

It's as if we've become a Headline society that rolls with the tide of the latest talking point, however we don't appear to be willing to dig in and get to the bottom of a topic.

Again, I am guilty...bot I'm tired of being an equal part of the problem...I want to find a way to resolve issues and again be a voice.

I know I'm a bit looney...I've proven that point beyond debate over the past few months...but nobody can question my love and loyalty for this nation. I'm trying to find a way that I can do what I do, and then add to what I do to help effect a positive change.

It's one thing for the Mavs to win or lose...it's quite another if apathy allowes this nation to lose.

There are a ton of issues...there are a ton of view points...but this is not about the politicians. This is about one issue that ultimately effects our politics and our lives as a people of the United States. The Power of the Media is a great issue and we can't just slap a band aid on it.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote