View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 03:32 PM   #19
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

If I could dip my liberal toe in this discussion, I think people complain about the media way too much - its such a default argument these days. If a majority of Americans are ignorant about certain events or situations, I don't think you can blame the media. Its such a cop out. Most people are fairly indifferent towards politics, and therefore not very knowledgeable about political affairs.

So media outlets are biased - so what. Underdog has the right idea. If people are unhappy with the New York Times, they should stop buying it...stop contributing to its readership..and stop contributing to its ability to fund itself through advertising.

If people are unhappy with Fox News or CNN, then stop watching them. They wouldn't thrive without ratings.

Personally, I LOVE Fox News. I either watch or listen to it every day. I love watching Sean Hannity make a 60 minute show out of kicking Alan Colmbs in the crotch....and I don't even like Sean Hannity. I KNOW Hannity is a schill for the far right wingers, just like I KNOW Colmbs is there to be kicked in the crotch.

I think the bigger problem is not the media, but people's complete willingness to accept any and all information that supports their existing world view, and reject any information that contradicts it.

That's your problem.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 11-19-2008 at 12:43 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote