View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 06:43 PM   #102
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a case of Big man/low post vs SG/legit scoring option to go with Dirk and Kidd.
I forgot that was the 3rd option I'd want from a SG if we get one via trade. The SG has to do 2 out of the 3 qualities I want from our SG: Shoot with range with great consistency, be able to attack the basket, defend.

I think I could get on board if it were possible to trade for Kaman and have to give up Josh. How often is it you can get legit big men with a low-post game? It's definitely a lot harder than to find a swingman. Kaman isn't the "sexy" name or anything, but the guy things that we're looking for from the Center position.

Now I can see LonghornDub's point about a deal that makes us weaker in terms of shooting. I think a deal for Kaman would probably be that kind of move. I do see a trade-off though by getting a legit big.
I'm getting less enthused about a deal with Wallace if Howard is involved, it seems too lateral to me.

Either way, we seriously need one of those two holes filled, the SG or C. I can see a deal for Kaman potentially being good but actual Centers are a dying breed and SG are more plentiful, but the elite ones are the tougher ones to grab. But if you have one, with what've we got with Dirk and Kidd...I really want that most.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 11-18-2008 at 06:44 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote