View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 07:52 PM   #36
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
there are so many media outlets it is absurd to attempt to place all of them in the same basket. there is a vast spectrum of viewpoints and credibility to select from.

if you have an issue with people not being smart in their decsions, it is not a beef with the providors of the information, it's an issue with the public's ability to think intelligently.

Nobody is placing them into one basket, and I agree there are many viewpoints, but to sit around and act as if this is not an issue is simply ignoring the source.

Agreed, there are certain levels of variable differences regarding what different people take in from these resources and that is even another issue to tackle.

However one solution is for the People to set up a Community Watchdog if you will. A group to some balance to the News Entertainment Industry where they are kept somewhat accountable and thus provide the people a place they can be comfortable and is credible within as many political circles as possible.

Basically a place where a conservative can call out a news source such as FOX News for making a claim that is a spin with little basis in reality. As a result conservatives would view the challenge with a different take as this peoples watchdog would be viewed as a credible reference to bounce stories through...the same would be for those with a liberal view when they want to challenge a source from CNN or MSNBC...other liberals would view this as a credible source.

As it is today, half the country dismisses the other half and thus very little gets accomplished but a bunch of us whinning about the other side.

Basically a team of people with opposing viewpoints who can take a look at stories as they are released, relay the spin and intent of the story and then provide backing that gives the spin credibility or that truly disputes the story and then gives the real story.

Would conservatives or liberals be afraid of a people organization that verified what is the truth within the media? If we are all about the betterment of American, then why would anyone be afraid of the truth?

As for funding such an organization...I like a concept that I hear at my Church...our Pastor is separated from the Church funds...he chooses to be in the dark as to who gives what. He doesn't want to fall victim to treating people differently because of how much they donate to the church.

I would imagine that we could find a safe way to accept funds that will keep the giving folks anonomous to the Organization and to those who move into positions of Community Organizer/Leadership.

Y'all have a great night and week...time for me to head out to Vegas and Seattle, I'll be back for the week-end, just in time for the 9ers game!!! That is if I survive my first ever trip to Seattle...do they let conservative wack jobs like me up in that part of the country?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote