View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 01:01 PM   #9
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

alby,

Best wishes in your clean up. Clean what you can, fix what you can and then paint, paint, paint.

Let the place air out to get the fire smell out...it will take time, but it will clear out.

About 18 years ago, my wife and I nearly burnt down our apartment...our young son at the time was taking a nap, as was I...my wife put some bottle nipples on the stove to boil them...she sat down and fell asleep...next thing you know I hear the smoke alarms going off.

The water had evaporated and the nipples were on fire. Fortunately, we had a fire extinguisher in the apartment and put the fire out quickly...before the complex ever new about it.

But we had black stuff all over the walls and ceilings...it took us a few days to clean it all and to repaint what couldn't be cleaned.

Eventually the burn smell was gone and when we moved out, we got our deposit back :-).

Best wishes to you...and hoepfully your fire wasn't the same as ours...burnt nipples are just freaky!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote