View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 12:16 AM   #1
KiddNPlay
Banned

KiddNPlay will become famous soon enoughKiddNPlay will become famous soon enough
Default Which team will finish #9 out West?

So I think the top 9 will likely be the same top 9 when the regular season ends but not necessarily in the same order. Which team will be the odd ball out?

I feel that the Mavericks will finish in the top 8. This shift in position will knock out one of these teams:

1. L.A. Lakers (will likely finish at #1)
2. Denver Nuggets (much better team after trade and will likely make the playoffs)
3. Portland Trail Blazers (could drop out of the top 8 but very unlikely)
4. Houston Rockets (in a tough division but as long as 2 of their top 3 are healthy they'll make the playoffs)
5. Utah Jazz (who'd thunk that they'd be #3 in their division at this point? should still make playoffs)
6. Phoenix Suns (rookie coach and old Center could be a reason for why this team does not make the playoffs but still likely making it)
7. New Orleans Hornets (one of the best teams out West last year should have enough to return)
8. San Antonio Spurs (playoff streak at jeopardy? not really)

So the likely candidates for oddball out are Phoenix Suns and Portland Trail Blazers by my book. The Mavericks are still a possibility, but I like how they're playing now. They should be fighting for the top spot in the division.
KiddNPlay is offline   Reply With Quote