View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 02:37 AM   #2
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

LA is a lock

I think Utah, Houston, and San Antonio are locks as well.

The 5 "borderline" teams to me are Dallas, New Orleans, Phoenix, Portland, and Denver.

It's kinda hard to make a case about why Dallas will INDISPUTABLY not finish 9th. We have played like the 9th best team thus far and it's reflective in the standings.

But Phoenix... with Nash and Amare uncomfortable in the system, a downgrade at coach, and Shaq getting old and due to miss 10-15 more games... would not be shocked with them.

Portland... starting really hot... they added like 3 good rookies to a 40 win team last year and all their young players are improving... but might they, as young teams tend to do at times, fade down the stretch? Perhaps.

New Orleans... I'm starting to think last year was an anomaly. Chris Paul is great, but how this team w/ West as a #2 option and Peja as a #3 option finished 2nd last year is beyond me. They were kinda hot with jump shooting, and compared to other teams in the west, didn't face injuries. I wouldn't be SHOCKED if they missed the playoffs, but I doubt it.

Denver seems to be clicking with Billups, I doubt them missing as well.

Jeez, it's really hard to say.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote