View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 08:18 AM   #433
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I didn't watch KG in his prime, too young then, so I can't say for sure whether KG 6-7 years ago was better than Dirk 6-7 years ago. Based on what I see statistically though, Dirk has been better than KG for 3-4 years now.

KG is a second fiddle on his team who gets to the line less than 3 times a game. I swear everytime I tune into a Celtics game I get a feel that KG has no offensive imprint whatsoever. He's just a jump shooter, and doesn't have much back to the basket game. I would go as far as to say Rondo is more valuable to the Celtics offensive scheme w/ his penetration than Garnett is with his jump shooting, and I don't feel stupid for saying it.

On that Celtics team, there are TWO players you would rather take the last shot than KG (Allen, Pierce). I think that says a lot about how overrated this guy is.

Also, KG's disappearing act in 4th quarters makes him one of the most overrated players in the game. He doesn't have a clutch bone in his body.

Of course Dirk is the straw that stirs the Mavs offensive drink... gets to the line 6-7 times a game. Has 3-PT range... can take over stretches of games with his offense. Has an arsenal of moves, etc. Is clutch no matter what anybody says, proven through watching the Mavs and proven through statistics. This FAR FAR FAR outweights KG's superior defense IMO.

Just a thought on that.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote