View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 09:27 AM   #332
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
This makes me remember a post I saw earlier today on another forum. Honestly, if Silk can come up with a list that isn't Brady or Peyton, you can't legitimately say it's any better than what we've got right now in Romo.

After you get past those two as "THE" guys, you've got a major pack of 10-12 QBs who would work in certain situations, but none of them are perfect. You can go down the list: Eli, Ben, Brees, Palmer, Rivers, Hasselbeck, etc and then you have a young breed of potential superstars in Cutler, Rodgers, Ryan, Flaco. With Eli and Ben...they've got the ring, but they've shown they can clearly have their struggles. So I'm not entirely sold on if you can come up with an argument to base that any of the next tier QBs are a huge upgrade over Romo.
Better yet, you come up with a list of Big Games that Romo has won? You can make up excuses all you want for Romo, but the fact remains that Romo has been playing with the most talent on a team since he has been in the NFL, so please dont give me that mess about not many other QB would do better.

With this same talented team that Romo has, I would take Favre, Ben, Rivers, Brees, Payton, Brady, McNabb,(Rodgers), Delhomme and Cutler over Romo in a heartbeat....

Lets define Big Games. How about playoffs, December and January games? Lets call that timeframe, winning time!!! Lets also go back to 2001 and start there and not only look at Romo, but our other QB's at that time. Tell me which QB has success during those times? Take your time, because I will wait as well..

Fact remains, that Romo has done NOTHING to consider him a big game player. He is NOT, and the stats prove it..He nuts up MOST of the time in Big Games...PERIOD!!! As long as the Cowboys have a QB who has a tendacy to nut up with the big games, we will not win a Superbowl. As of matter of fact, how many playoff wins do Romo have? Take your time on this as well..

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 12-08-2008 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Added: Rodgers and Delhomme
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote