View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 02:56 PM   #426
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
That's because she's a knee-jerking reactionary just like you are...

If the Cowboys beat the Giants next week, she'll say they're the best team in the NFL (because she knows dick about sports, but the Star Telegram can't get over the fact that a woman wants to write about sports, so she still has a job...)
Lets see who knee-jerks if the Cowboys beat the Giants this week? Guarantee there will be knee-jerking going on. Knee-jerking goes both ways. Sometimes we call them "Homers". So indeed you are a Romo Homer...

Here is another interesting article: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...was-comin.html

Another One: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...d-with-to.html

Peter King article:
Now for the subplots of the weekend:

• Tony Romo gets the loss in Pittsburgh. Romo and tight end Jason Witten both said the losing interception-returned-for-a-touchdown by DeShea Townsend was their fault. Witten looked like he slipped and read the route the wrong way coming out of his break on a slippery Heinz Field. Whatever. That ball, like so many others on the day by Romo, was thrown way off course, and it was the capper on the Steelers' 17-0 run in the final eight minutes to win.

There's no way Witten, had he broke right, would have been in position to catch this ball. So I put the blame on Romo. I assume it has to be part pinky, part weather, but this is only going to add to the perception Romo's not a big-game quarterback -- 19-of-36, 210 yards, one touchdown, three picks, one fumble -- though one of the picks was more Terrell Owens' laziness than a poor throw.

I don't buy that perception about Romo, by the way; I'm simply making the point that if the Cowboys don't make the playoffs, the thread of two straight playoff-opening losses and this horrible interception will begin to write the book on Romo. My other point is that Romo deserves the criticism, but let's let his career breathe before we label him some sort of A-Rod in the clutch.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 12-08-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote