View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 05:59 PM   #431
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I definitely missed a lot today...

There are plenty of great QBs who have never won a ring and a lot of WTF QBs who HAVE won a ring, just because you do or don't have a ring doesn't make you a "Big Game" QB. I still hold the bar up at Brady and Manning, that's it...that's the list right now. Anything below that and it's a lot of inconsistency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post

With this same talented team that Romo has, I would take Favre, Ben, Rivers, Brees, Payton, Brady, McNabb,(Rodgers), Delhomme and Cutler over Romo in a heartbeat....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Still waiting on you as well to show me the Romo stats to support you arguement????? Lets take Cutler and Rodgers off the list for arguement sake..Now what you have to say about my list of QB over Romo?
If that is the list we were waiting...that is the list I mentioned earlier with the addition of McNabb, Favre, and Delhomme and subtracting Eli. There is no way you can legitimately say that's a major upgrade over Romo.

You wanna take Rodgers and Cutler off the list...that's a good start b/c they are highly unproven and have somewhat comparable talent on offense and they're VERY inconsistent.

Favre - it's pretty hard to trust him. If you wanna go off the "big game" theory, his last pass as a Packer was a interception. In that game he thew 54% completion, 2 TDs and 2 picks...that last one being costly. Now with the Jets, you have to hope he stays in game manager mode and doesn't cost you a game with bad picks/forcing the issue.

McNabb - I DEFINITELY don't trust him. He always gets hurt, he's good to miss 2-4 games a year. He is a turnover machine as well. I've seen him get to the NFC title game a lot of times and only punched it in once, and didn't win the Super Bowl.

Rivers - still very inconsistent. He can get TDs but in crunch games, he still has a tendency to throw interceptions. He can improve though...but so can Romo.

Brees - he's done his damage on teams that really haven't been thrust into the big picture with games, I need to see a lot more when it comes to that before you can put him ahead of Romo.

Delhomme - I really don't see it with him, half of the time it seems like he just chunks the ball up in the air and let's Smith go get it, or he gives him a short route and Smith is talented enough to break it.

Big Ben - he has a mixture of the problems of McNabb and Favre. He desperately needs a run game to support his style. He can stay too long in the pocket and cause a lot of mistakes.

----
It goes along the point I've said...I'll take Brady or Peyton over Romo, but once you get past that, you're not really getting a massive upgrade to justify doing anything. That list doesn't do anything for me.

Romo isn't the perfect quarterback, he makes his very fair share of mistakes, but he can turn utter crap intol gold just as well. Romo is a case of take the bad with the good and hope he can learn from it.