View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #436
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
For the younger guys, I can't see Rivers, Cutler and Rodgers as anything more than potential right now. With the talent on board now and the win-now mode, that's not a mix for getting what you want. They CAN be good, but by no means are they for certain to be better than him right now. Maybe in 2-3 years they can be, but where the heck are we honestly going to be when it gets there?

Out of that group of 3, I'd probably take Rivers. Cutler has the arm but something about him just doesn't click right now. Rodgers isn't consistent, I've seen plenty of games from him this year where he's had gimmie WRs breaking out routes and he misses them, no pressure, just let it loose and hit your man...and he misses. Ryan is definitely impressive but we need to see more out of him.

It's not like it's dramatically better with the guys and the bad bunches in the games when it matters or the months that it matters. With your time period of months, out of your list...not all of them are solid gold. All of those guys have built it in those month but just as easily have let them go in January. Favre did in his, McNabb as well, you have to go back a while on Delhomme and he did. Brees really hasn't been there but when they made their pushes, he was throwing too much and eventually had untimely picks. All Romo has to do is get it done once and the monkey can start to come off the back. He's not retiring any time soon and he's started what...roughly 2 1/2 years worth of regular season and playoff football? Really? The leash is that tight to be ready to drop the hammer on him?

Where do you all get that I am saying drop the hammer on Romo? I am criticizing our current QB. The leash cant be tight, because we can get in position to replace him. He is the best QB out there that we can get. By far. I am just accepting that, BUT I am criticizing him along the way because I truly feel he is a "Mental Midget"..

This all started because I said Romo is a "mental midget"..I believe that and I feel that is the reason he does NOT win the "Big Games" by my definition.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote