View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #453
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold
Default More to being a QB than Stats

Here is what alot are missing. QB is more about managing the game rather than just raw stats. The QB's that are most likely the best winners in "Big Games" are good at managing and also put up some raw stats.

I would say that the QB that is the best at both is Peyton. Once Peyton learned to manage the game under pressure he became a big game QB who could win the "Big Games" in the playoffs or the close games. A good example of a QB that has learn to manage the game is Eli. He does not put up monster numbers but he has learned to manage the game.

Now, if I look at Romo, he is good at putting up the numbers, but I think he is severely lacking how to manage the game like the Top QB's who are consistently winners in the playoffs. Romo has all the tools to be a great QB, but he is a mental midget on the field. Thats why you can see him telling the coach to challenge some plays when he should not, you see him forcing the ball to WR when he should not, you see him throwing to T.O. (Even while double or triple teamed) just to keep T.O. happy after T.O. has said something to him about getting the ball. Same reason he gets tunnel vision in the crunch, and does not see wide open players. Same reason he does not see the pressure coming behind him and he loses the ball on fumbles late in games. This is all about game management.

Some QB's are good at it, while some are good at putting up monster stats. I think Romo is just good at putting up monster stats. All he needs is to learn how to manage the game and to also maybe have a stronger coach who can help Romo manage the game. Romo had that in Purcells, but he stayed in Parcells doghouse, because Romo tends to do what he wants on the field. IMO

Good Article on this a few weeks ago: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...42&section=nfl
Another: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/24/sp...24+2008&st=nyt

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 12-09-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote