View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 12:46 AM   #471
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Hello?? I pointed out that we were winning 13-3. Twice. You seem to believe that Romo threw 17 points worth of interceptions-returned-for-touchdowns. And you missed my rebuttal point completely, which is that Romo did not have the luxury of handing the ball off to Choice. Are you even trying to argue coherently? I know you're used to getting ganged up on, but step 1 to dealing with that is NOT lumping everyone's arguments together. You might find that we agree on some stuff (ie, Romo was throwing like crap the whole game). There are complexities here which reject a black-and-white view of the argument. You called for running the ball FTW ala Delhomme, I called you on it with stats... You lost.

Oh, and leave your personal issues of rejection aside, overcompetitive flag football player guy. I have played sports, as if that had any bearing whatsoever on this discussion. I may not be 501 on sports, but this is 101 we're talking about here.
What stats did you show that proved your point? If you could have shown me that we were losing and we were getting nowhere on the ground and had to put it in the air, I could understand..

We dont agree and that is the problem. If you did indeed agree that Romo was throwing like crap all night long, then you could clearly see we were winning because of Choice and the defense......The reason the score was as close was because of crappy throwing Romo, and the clincher was the INT for a TD...Plain and simple. Anything else is just hear say...

Our defense played tough all night long. I was so proud of our defense. I was very much concerned that the lack of running game was going to force Romo into throwing every down, and that would lead to many problems because of 3 and out, and Romo INT.

As the game played out, our defense played great, with one mental lapse and Choice did a great job of running the ball. So, that leaves only one thing left? Romo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crappy throwing Romo throwing bad all day long, and topped it off with the INT for a TD. Which was the ball game..

Right after that, this is what we got:

Dallas Cowboys at 1:40, (1st play from scrimmage 1:35) DAL PIT
1st and 10 at DAL 18 (1:35) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short right to Roy E.Williams to DAL 28 for 10 yards (W.Gay, L.Timmons).
1st and 10 at DAL 28 (1:10) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short right to T.Choice. Coverage by #94 Timmons, Pressure by #56 Woodley.
2nd and 10 at DAL 28 (1:07) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short middle to T.Choice. Coverage by #51 Farrior, Pressure by #56 Woodley.
3rd and 10 at DAL 28 (1:00) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete deep left to T.Owens. Coverage by #24 Taylor and #25 Clark.
Timeout #1 by DAL at 00:55.
4th and 10 at DAL 28 (:55) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete deep right to J.Witten. Pressure by #92 Harrison.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 12-10-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote