View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 03:05 PM   #34
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
ugh. several problems. One there is a 0 percent chance randy johnson closes next year. hes just sticking around to get 5 more wins so he can be at 300. No chance he gives up a shot at that. Padilla millwood and sheets eats up 45 million AND eliminates several spots for the rangers to let the youngsters pitch. The rangers have too many people they need to find out about to not keep several spots open to find out about them. Harrison and feldman deserve spots and bmac is most likely going to get one(and imo deserves one) then you still have hurley who is ready and also holland should be ready for a call up at some point next year.

I want sheets. He is a LEGIT ace when healthy. but id prefer to give up padilla if we get him. As for millwood remember he won the al era title last time he was in a contract year.
With all your good work said -- and yes you are probably correct.

You can spot start Randy Johnson and still get his 5 wins.
He could close and extend his career for years with the stuff he has.

What a problem to have 3 bonifide starting pitchers in Sheets, Padilla, and Millwood. When was the last time the Rangers had too much talent in the pitching -- someone always gets hurt -- KEEP all three. I couldn't give a rats backside if it is 45M or 450M Hicks is spending --after the pAyRod incident -- we deserve a year with a bigger payroll, and excess in pitching. I guess I remember Witt, Rogers and Brown -- but what other threesome have the Rangers had that we could get enthused over.

Right now, I don't care the price, just keep the pitching coming. Too many years of not have enough for me to not want more.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote