View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 02:38 AM   #257
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
My point was that he does not have to put up monster stats to have a good game. Thats why I said, once Romo finds a way to manage the game better, his stats will more than likely go down, while wins go up in the big games.

I really like his stats tonight. That was a great managed game, but he did not have monster stats that he is known for, BUT he did what he needed to do to win, plus did not turn over the ball and give extra pts or ball control to the Giants. This was a great game for Romo...I would rather see this type of game from Romo, then 400yds, 4TD, 2INT type games.
It's one thing to ask him to manage the game when the defense is playing lights out.

It's another thing to ask him to manage a game when the defense is a sieve.

Those 400 yard games, 4 TD, 2 INt games were kind of a necessity last year. If Romo didn't put up huge amounts of points last year, the Cowboys simply weren't going to win. That's why the play of the defense these last six weeks is such a huge deal. If they can keep up this level of play, then Romo doesn't have to be so risky.

But I don't think it's wise to want Romo to be a game manager at all times. Sometimes you have to be a bit of gunslinger. It really depends on the situation.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote