View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #122
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Maybe Gerald's not been practicing well. Maybe his attitude landed him in the doghouse. Maybe the coaching staff is actually really pleased with his work ethic and commitment, but feel like there are some aspects of his game that need refinement in order to for him to become the best player he can be long-term (ball-handling, passing, defensive technique), and feel its better for his development if he can work on getting his skill set together in practice before they ease him back into the lineup.

Here's the main point, though. We simply haven't seen enough good basketball (as distinct from crazy athleticism and youthful energy) out of Green to call Rick a fool for not playing him. Factor in what JJB's done with his chance (highest on-court +/- on the team right now; integral part of a rotation that's managed to turn the corner on that 2-7 start by going 11-3 since), and the accusation seems even more unjustified.
You make good points Grandmaster but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, how can burying a player on the bench make him the best player he can be longterm? Most of the time young players get better when the coach tells them he trusts them and gives them minutes. And JJB playing well actually proves my point, Rick gave JJ minutes which is why JJ is shining right now, im pretty sure if he did the same for Green we would see a similar or probably better result.

And like I said before it makes no sense to start someone who is 5 foot 10 inches at SG over someone who is 6 foot 8