View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #124
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I think this team is still torn between wanting to win this year and playing for the future. JJB on the floor gives us a better chance to win games right now, and with 9 teams battling it out for 8 spots in the west, every game could be important in the standings. I think this is also responsible for Diop seeing no minutes, George seeing way too many minutes, Bass not playing as much, etc. If the Mavs were just a little worse--enough so that the playoffs looked like they weren't going to happen for them this year--then I think the smart move would be as many minutes as possible for Green, Wright, Diop, Williams, Bass...even JJB, at point, rather than alongside Kidd. That way you'd see what we have for the future, guys would learn, we'd get a better shot at the lottery...but that would be a total give-up this year, which they're not ready to acknowledge this year. Becomes the same problem the Yankees have had the last few years--there's no patience for a "rebuilding" year or two in the organization.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote