View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 04:44 PM   #126
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
There's a critical difference between JJB and Green, namely that JJB's toolbox of basketball fundamentals seems to be pretty nearly complete. A guy who's got the foundation in place is going to get more out of in-game experience than a guy who's very much a work in progress, because in-game experience isn't about developing a skill-set, it's about learning how to get the best use out of the skills you already possess. JJB has had success because he has the skills, and because he's been able to take a step forward in terms of using those skills in a way that helps the team (I'm hoping there are more steps he'll be able to make, because there's still considerable room for improvement with his decision making). Gerald, on the other hand, doesn't have the skills, so I'd argue that the in-game experience isn't going to do him nearly as much good at this point.
I think Green would have already improved if he were still starting. He needs to take his lumps and play thru it "in-game". I agree that he probably couldn't gain as much as JJB from in-game exp but I think with our record and the injuries we have had it would have only helped us overall going forward for him to have continued his starting.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote