View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 07:14 PM   #204
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn View Post
I never said at any time that the only reason Hitler avoided Switzerland was due to the militia/military of Switzerland.

I never said that the loss of German life calculations were the primary reason that Germany did not sack Switzerland.

I did say that the calculated loss of Germian life was a consideration for Hitler. The Swiss govt article lists 4 things that dissuaded Hitler (which by the way is pure speculation as the Swiss govt does not have any evidence of what Hitler thought or planned). In those 4 listed factors, the military/militia issue is listed.

So, the Swiss govt article supports my position on that issue.

I am not dancing.

you, on the other hand, said that the Swiss govt article listed the banking issue as the primary reason that Hitler left Switzerland alone. That, like many of your statements, was of your authorship and was not found in the quoted article.

Dancing? That is your game.
you're denying it again?

your assertion was that the swiss having so many guns was the reason that hitler never invaded switzerland, to wit:
Quote:
Look at the history of Switzerland. Hitler bypassed that little nation because taking that nation would be horribly expensive in death to Germans....All men take their military weapons home for life
so I provided quotes from the swiss government's own report that discussed the role of the financial system and its importance to germany in why the germans did not invade, the quotes on how a "single tank regiment" of germans could have taken over switzerland, and you even contributed the railway as a reason the germans didn't invade....all of which show that the number of guns possesed by the swiss provided no "protectrion" at all to the swiss.

just admit your assertion was wrong, and we can just move on. stop trying to "rewrite history" as you put it...

Last edited by Mavdog; 12-21-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote