View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 01:15 PM   #8
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

The New York Times is the paper that leaked national security secrets, such as the CIA prisons throughout Europe. Irregardless of whether or not you agree with the policy, the NYT did it to embarrass the Bush administration. They are definitely liberal.

Yes, just about all newspapers are hurting, because we can get news faster online, and it's free. That has nothing to do with liberal or conservative leanings. But when a paper knowingly reports classified information under the guise of "freedom of press", they have to live with the fall out. I have heard many stories of businesses discontinuing their subscription to the NYT, because they pissed off their readers publishing classified information that was illegally leaked to them.

When I buy a newspaper at the airport for reading while I'm on a plane, it is NEVER the NYT.

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote