View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 05:01 PM   #14
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
so you "don't really care". if you don't care that laws are violated, you can look the other way. people do it everyday when they see criminals act. it doesn't make your indifference the right thing to do.

me, I want to know if the government is breaking the law, and if they are breaking the law I want it to stop. any newspaper exposing the lawbreaking is doing us all a good thing.

if someone "leaks" information that the government is breaking the law, they should be commended. their revealing such isn't leaking information, it's doing the right thing.
I think I agree with Mavdog here. If the government is breaking the law, then exposing it is a good thing.

Of course, while exposing it -- if it gets a few CIA agents and snoops killed and it puts the US in a horrid position, then I think all parties involved should be held liable for the deaths of the agents, etc. They should be criminally charged with manslaughter due to the fact that their actions are the indirect cause of the deaths. Then the papers, journalists, and people who leaked it should be open to a civil lawsuit for the wrongful death of these people. It would keep journalists a little more "honest" about finding out the truth before throwing out a "good story" containing classified information. Usually there is a reason it is classified. Too much of the time, papers claim "freedom of speech" when they are really just processing an agenda to sell papers.

That is the problem with classified information being leaked. When it is public information, then it could be deadly to certain people who work to keep us safe and sound.

I don't think anyone likes it, but this is how the world works right now.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote