View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 08:29 PM   #15
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
What does the reaction to a beggar have to do with someone's willingness to give to a charity? There are plenty of charities for someone to give to even if their opinion of beggars and homeless is that they "should get a job".
I don't get where you are coming from. What are the charities to give to that are not only different from, but in the context of our discussion more deserving than, street people?

Quote:
And let's please leave the quotes off of the word charity when we refer to people giving to churches. Churches are charities. I'm sure some churches dont' seem like it, but I'm sure all secular charities are not created equal either. The money I give to my church does a lot of people a lot of good.
"Churches are charities" is a bigger claim than I think you want to make.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote