View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 01:45 AM   #9
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
JJ freaking Barea. JJ FREAKING Barea!

Brandon Bass too, although Barea was engineering those pick and rolls.

Kidd was also really huge in that fourth. Dirk was just fantastic in the first half. Damp had a nice game and probably has to be wondering what he has to do to be allowed to play down the stretch (although Carlilse certainly pushed all the right buttons down the stretch tonight).

Jet was great again tonight, and hit a HUGE three in transition late in the fourth.
The story of the game for me was the rebounding. That was what separated us from the Blazers tonight (along with them missing a ton of FT's).

And speaking of rebounding, JJB and George played the same minutes tonight, and JJB outrebounded him 8 to 2. I thought Wright should have gotten more burn tonight, because George is not an ideal defensive matchup with Roy.

I want to take this moment to throw out a huge F YOU to Josh Howard. Adn not just for getting thrown out. I was already highly pissed at Josh before that ever happened, because he looked to me like he just didn't care all night. He lolligagged it back on defense several times, one time in particular stands out in my mind where he just gave Roy the baseline in semi-transition and gave up a three poitn play.

On the play where Josh eventually got himself thrown out, he basically walked back on defense and just picked up a random player to defend. He then took the dumbest foul you'll ever see and, in my opinion, got thrown out on purpose.

This is the kind of event, especially combined with Josh's summer, which I think can put a lot of doubt in guys' heads as to whether they can trust him.

So the Josh situation aside, this is the kind of win that can really propel a team. If this team could somehow pull one out tomorrow in Utah they could really be primed for a big run.

Great win, hope everyone had a great Christmas!
Josh had too much turkey.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote