View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 03:02 AM   #34
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Whether Howard is just baked every day or he is as dumb as your first-grade box of crayons, it still remains that he is no more than a marginal NBA player. It amazes me that so many people continue to overrate him. The Mavericks would be better off if he simply disappeared from the roster. I mean that.
A year ago I'd have called you crazy but...

Yeah. Wow. Dead on.

Take tonight. Mavs looked lost until Josh was kicked out. The offense runs better when he's not there. The team works better when Barea is getting his minutes. I'm not saying Barea is better than Josh... but Barea actually seems to care and Barea can actually get inside the paint. Something no one else on the team (except Wright and Green who aren't allowed to play) can do.

Barea is going to have his off nights, but he has more solid nights than off nights and as many brilliant nights as off nights.

Part of it is simply that Josh clearly doesn't care anymore. Anybody who says he does just isn't watching at all. This really really minor injury is no excuse. He put very little effort in at all tonight when he was on the floor. The guy doesn't even try to rebound anymore and tonight he was lollygagging on defense.

I mean there was NO good reason for him to get himself thrown out tonight. It was almost intentional. It really seemed like he just didn't feel like playing anymore so he shot off his mouth and intentionally got himself thrown out. He seemed delighted to be headed to the locker room and frankly... the team didn't look all that sad to see him go.

Josh Howard really really needs to go and FAST before the league wakes up to how overrated he is. The longer the Mavs wait the less and less he's worth... unbelievable as that is after all his off the court crap over the summer.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote