View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 07:42 PM   #219
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
He's fully capable of being a #1 guy. I'm not sure you want to roll with him being far and away your best receiver, but if you can get another guy who can be a good #2, Roy certainly has enough talent to be a #1.

I wish I knew why it didn't click for him this year. I'm sure it's partially his fault and partially the fault of the coaches/Romo. But I want to see what he does in the first few games next season.
My problem with Roy is that there isn't a really much evidence that he isn't a 1 year wonder. Yeah, he had a pretty bad situation in Detroit, but Calvin Johnson managed to turn that into a 1300 yard, 12 TD season regardless.

My only defense of him is that he was injured and just never able to develop the chemistry with Romo that he needed. He is going to have something to prove next year, and I'm not entirely convinced he will do it. But we will see.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote