View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 07:51 PM   #267
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Bumping this thread to share the following:

It's not really a New Year's resolution because I started about a month ago (in earnest), but I'm currently undertaking a (hopefully) permanent change to my eating habits. My current goal is to get under 200 pounds, and from there I'd like to ideally get back to 180 or so and stay there. I'd REALLY like to get back to the rail thin 150 I was when I graduated high school a mere eight years ago, but my body filled out before actually getting fat so I don't think that's happening.

I started out gradually, first step was to stop drinking cokes of any kind. Haven't had any in several months and I'm to the point now that I don't think I'll ever have one again, because I just don't want one. I drink unsweat tea or water at all times now.

Second step was to (temporarily) completely swear off sweets (candy, dessert of any kind). I went one month without any of it, and now I eat it very sparingly while rarely craving it.

Then about a month ago I started severely altering my daily diet, cutting back on portions, eating chicken sandwiches instead of hamburgers, not eating fries, etc. I also had to stop eating terrible snacks in between meals. My office has free snacks and cokes in the break room, and that has not helped my current situaion. I'm not really counting calories or carbs because I'm trying to stay away from habits that I'm not willing to carry on permanently. Really I'm just eating smarter and less.

From my high point over the summer that triggered this, I've dropped from 240 to 218 (I'm 5' 8"....). My next step is to actually try and find some time to get active; all of the weight loss so far has been completely from changing eating habits. I still sit at a computer all day and haven't even touched the treadmill or gym. One hurdle at a time I guess.

So anyway, that's my current plan of attack. My dad and his entire family are overweight and over the summer I realized at 26 I was WAY ahead of my dad's schedule on the fat scale and had to do something about it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 01-01-2009 at 07:56 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote