View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 11:41 PM   #3
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the clarification. Let me see if I've got this straight. If we wanted to sign,for example,Ben Gordon for 5yrs.50 mil. we would have to be approx 7-8 mil under the cap for the 1st year. We can't exceed the cap with any signing that isn't:a rookie,vet min,mid or bi-annual exception,our own expiring player we retain(i.e.Kidd). So we can resign Kidd(for either 1 or 3yrs), trade him before the deadline, sign and trade him after the season or renounce his rights and use the space in summer 2010. Think i've got it. He'll want a 3yr.deal but Cuban could offer a rich one year deal, sign a free agent or 2 in '10, re-sign Dirk at a discount and resign Kidd. Can we exceed the cap in re-signing Dirk and Kidd AFTER we've signed free agents or must we have room for theirs under the cap?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote