View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #89
joemoeschmoe

joemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity View Post
Why is it than when someone makes a prediction against the team you root for, than that someone is "stupid" or at the very least biased? Why is it hard to accept that the person might have legitimate reasons for that opinion.
The same reason you boo any call against the Mavs at a game - even if its a good call.

The biggest problem isn't that he's picked the Mavs, its the methods he used to pick them. He basically just picked the team that was 9th in his computer rankings and then made up reasons that apply to other teams just as easily for why we'll be the odd team out.

I don't have a problem with him picking the Mavs. In fact, I like it. I have a problem with his BS reasoning for picking them. He should just say that they're 9th in West Playoff odds and, because he believes in his rankings, they're the most likely team to not make it.
joemoeschmoe is offline   Reply With Quote