View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 07:36 AM   #22
belgianfan

belgianfan is infamous around these parts

Same guy, different but comparable trade, I gotta give the guy his credit because he puts a lot of time in his trades. He calls himself ANH2173 and is actif on celtic-nation.

Celtics
Trade Ray Allen, Glen Davis, Eddie House and Tony Allen
Receive Josh Howard, DeSagana Diop, Francisco Garcia and Kenny Thomas

Mavericks
Trade Josh Howard, James Singleton and DeSagana Diop
Receive Ray Allen and Glen Davis

Kings
Trade Francisco Garcia and Kenny Thomas
Receive Tony Allen, Eddie House and James Singleton

The Skinny:

BOS: Acquire, Howard, a floor spreader who can legitimately play both wing positions, rebounds, shoots the three and is priced reasonably for his skill set. Also get a defensive center, Diop, who blocks shots and rebounds. Get another floor spreader in Garcia with the size to cover both wing positions and the ability to dribble and set up the offense. And contrary to most, I think he is underrated as a defender. Lastly, the Celtics get a nice-sized contract that is set to be expiring next year. Thomas' contract, when added to Scalabrine's is ~$12M in expiring. Howard has a team option for a reasonable amount but could also be included to a team looking to shed a lot of salary. Those three players would total ~$22M in expirings. Really, this deal allows for maximum flexibility while also ensuring the Celtics have the pieces to remain highly competitive.

DAL: Acquire another "star" to pair with Kidd and Nowitzki. Get a minimum-salaried bench interior player.

SAC Shed ~$4.6M in 2009 salary. Shed ~$9.5M in 2010. Save ~$38M total from this one deal which I imagine would help a small market team that is currently in a rebuilding mold.

I am not a big fan of trading Ray Allen, but a deal like this I could live with. My only concern is that Diop is playing like a pile of ****. But we only need him for about 15 minutes a game. Perk is young and Powe is used to playing center.
belgianfan is offline   Reply With Quote