View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 09:27 AM   #37
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
I love the guy, and when he's playing like he's interested he does so many amazing little things on the floor...

But this team is never going to win with him running point. He does all these amazing little things, but he's useless when it comes to the big thing POINTS.

The guy is just more an more pathetic on offense as things go on. He's not even a good passer on the offensive end unless they're on a break. It's so frustrating and irritating to watch him out there. It's really driving me nuts.

The thing is I think that there is a team out there that could win a championship with Kidd. Unfortunately this isn't that team. For Kidd to work he needs to be on a team loaded with offensive talent. He needs four other players on the floor with him who are really gifted offensively and can take advantage of what he brings while at the same time making up for the fact that he's an offensive failure. Put Kidd on Phoenix for instance, and you win a championship. On Dallas... dead end.

Dallas has only two players like that on the entire team. Dirk & Jet. It will never, ever work with Kidd. NEVER.

Ironically, the kind of PG Dallas needs is someone like Devin Harris.

Water under the bridge though. Bottom line Kidd needs to be gone. He does a lot of amazing things, but none of those amazing things are right for this team.
It is clear now, Kidd is not the right choice for the make-up of this team. He lacks offense and putting pressure on the defense in the half court setting for this team. We dont have the horses to run with him, and Avery was right to slow down the pace to make the Mavs more efficient. So, I guess Avery was right about something for a change.

We cant play 3 on 5 on offense and expect to beat the Lakers, Celtics, SA, Utah, Cavs, Nuggets, Suns, Rockets, Hornets type of teams. Kidd needs to be able to run at full speed in order for him to have the most impact. I think the NBA is changing right b4 our eyes and the game is starting to slow back down to half court settings. Even the Suns have slowed it down a bit and decided that you have better defensive transition at a bit slower pace.

The only guard left that just wants to run all day that is effective is Devin, and we all know how far you are going to get with running all day, It will get you up to 7th place in the East. Thats about it. Thats the problem with Devin, is that when the game slows down, decision making and effectiveness for him goes down. There is no balance, so Devin is not the right fit either here in Dallas, BUT it is clear now that he is a better fit than Kidd.

Where do we go? I dont have the answer, but neither Kidd or Devin is our answer. Should we trade Kidd right now? I dont think so, because I dont think we would get anything in return, other than more long term salary. So we might as well keep him, and see if we can get our starting PG for next season, and maybe sign Kidd on the cheap to be a back-up and let him retire here and mentor the new starting guard. If this happens then Barea needs to go. We dont need 4 PG on a team, because we can always have Jet at PG as well, so a new starting PG, Kidd and Jet should be more than enough for our PG rotation. IMO
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote