View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 08:59 PM   #8
robo98564

robo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
I remember Cuban saying he didn't care how bad it got that he wouldn't trade Dirk, the Mavs can get alot of young players to build around with Kidd's huge contract, on top of that does anybody think Cuban is gonna trade Dirk when he's still getting bashed for trading Devin?....the only way I see Dirk leaving Dallas is own terms.

Kidd, Howard, Stack, Bass and Diop could bring us something back good to build around.
Wouldn't that be a shame? The fact of the matter is there isn't a whole lot of other ways to build this team. We don't have draft picks and we don't have sexy tradable parts that will get us the draft picks or good young talent that we need to turn this thing around.

I could see Dirk sticking with us no matter how bad things get, but I also wouldn't fault him one bit for leaving when his contract is up.

I hope I am wrong, and I sincerely hope that Dirk can stay AND we can be contenders, but there are two things I really really want:

1) The Mavs to win an NBA title
2) Dirk to win an NBA title.

If those two things have to be done separately, then so be it.
robo98564 is offline   Reply With Quote