View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #25
robo98564

robo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
There's very limited options on trading Dirk. Dirk wont get us Lebron, Kobe or Dwight Howard. He would possibly land us Amare Stodemire and that would be interesting. Dirk gets the reunite with Nash he'd be happy with that. Or maybe a Carlos Boozer. Give us that true power forward that we need.
I would not be interested in trading Dirk for a single star player. None of those trades would be worth it to me. If we were to trade Dirk, it would be an acknowledgment that we are going back to rebuilding. Therefore, I would only pull the trigger if we could get some solid young players that still have not reached their maximum potential in addition to draft picks.

By having young guys with smaller salaries, it would also help us to be bigger players in future free agents. It is definitely a longer and harder road than standing pat, but at this point in time, it may be what this franchise needs to do
robo98564 is offline   Reply With Quote