View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 12:28 AM   #36
robo98564

robo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
It would be stupid. See minnesota for what it would look like. You'd have a crappy team and you'd be hoping for the next dirk.
Just because Minnesota went to hell doesn't mean that if we traded Dirk, we would too. We very well might temporarily, but who's to say our long-term success wouldn't be greater.

I guess the way I see it is why kill Dirk's years in his prime with a team that just is not equipped to win it all, or even compete to win it all. We have backed ourselves into a corner with that Harris trade, among other less than stellar acquisitions, and now its going to be really hard to get enough talented role players around our nucleus to make this a championship-level ball club again.

If this is the case, I would rather trade Dirk while he is still in his prime, get as much young talent and draft picks as I can, and build for the future. Maybe it won't work out, but I'd rather take that chance than to watch Dirk rot here in Dallas.

I hope I'm wrong and Cuban has something up his sleeves, but I just don't see it.

Either way, I want to win a Championship and I want Dirk to win one... If he can't do it with us, let him do it with someone else and lets rebuild for the future.
robo98564 is offline   Reply With Quote