View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 04:20 PM   #269
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Here's my take on the event last night:

It was a good idea, but it was poorly executed. They were not very well prepared, and they thought that Cogill was going to lead them through the 2 hours. The problem with that is all he did was read the book and he was asking them questions about the book. Well... we were all holding the book in our hands! I wanted things that weren't in the book.

Ah well. I heard a lot of things I didn't know, many of them just because it was before my time (I don't think I really started listening until 2003). They were all very funny. 50% of the time was Gordo trying to shoot the wheels off, and the other 50% was all of them making gay jokes at each other. Worse than happens here.

Gordo dominated the conversation, as did Corby at times. Rhynes talked a lot early and then laid out. Bob and Dan never really got going. Norm had some good stuff. To see Norm talking with a bottle of Bud Light in his hand all night was funny.

The format was clearly uncomfortable for them. I know what Rich said this morning, but they all looked kind of uncomfortable to me. They weren't at their best, because they weren't doing what they do...which is sit at a table with headphones and microphones, rather than on stage with really bright lights and a bunch of drunk idiots hooting and hollering at them.

And of course there was a ton of Greggo talk.

And seriously...people were unruly last night. Everyone and their mother was drunk and trying to be funny by yelling out drops all night. It was obnoxious. When they let people come up to the microphones to ask questions...several of them were just wasted. The sweet clean P1 were definitely the dirty P1 last night.

Altogether it was a lot of fun, but I'm glad I didn't pay anything to go. I did buy a book, and I'm really looking forward to sitting down with it this weekend.
You're the only person that I know that didn't absolutely love the event last night.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote