View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 06:09 PM   #98
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Mavs actually have to go against the grain and try and steal a few good players while the rest of the league waits for this mythical 2010(after which all but one or two teams are gonna be sorely disappointed). I hope Cuban's ego does kick in and he redoubles his efforts. Maybe Kidd's contract and our 1st rd. pick gets back a "superstar"(Redd, Carter, Jefferson) type player and a useable throw-in(Stro.Swift, Charlie Bell, Villanueva). J-ho nets us a low post presence(Camby,Kaman, J.O'neal) and we swing the Diop/Stack deal for Felton. We use our mid-level on a young athletic wing w/ upside(Childress,Barnes,Ben Gordon,Ariza)or an aging star(Marion,Iverson,Artest)at a discount in a recessed economy. We use our Bi-annual exception on a defensive minded,bigger point or a good shooter like Pargo. To me it all hinges on our willingness/ability to trade Kidd and/or our pick.
Camby,Damp JO'Neal, Damp
Dirk,Villanueva Dirk,Villanueva
R.Jefferson,Green or R.Jefferson, Barnes/Ariza
Gordon,Terry A. Parker,Terry
Felton,Pargo Felton,Pargo

We're suddenly as deep as the lakers, quicker, better defensively and we have an infusion of new blood. Alot of things have to fall just right but none of this is out of the realm of possibilty. it gives us 2-3 yrs. of Dirk's prime to try and win the title. Thoughts?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote