View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 06:15 PM   #33
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok...my initial digestion of the deal:

Hollins seems pretty much like a project #3 center since Bass gets a lot of that burn as the backup center now. In his little action, he does board and can block. He's a project guy.

Carroll - I know you look at the numbers this year and say What, but I'm still looking at where he's been...the guy can shoot. Offensive punch is lacking, to say the least, so he can't necessarily hurt that, he can help.

I guess my question is where is he going to fit? Is he going to be our "starting" SG who plays the first 6-8 minutes and then Jet gets the bulk of the minutes?

Either way, you got out of Diop's deal and got some stuff back. Felton might have been more of an opportunity to get a bigger payoff off of Diop, but this is nice as well. Getting value off of Diop's deal is a MAJOR, MAJOR plus off of this deal.

I highly doubt we're done with deals though. Still got Stack who could apparently go to OKC or somewhere...they're ready to deal him. Still have Bass and/or Josh on the table.