View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 07:04 PM   #71
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing to get excited about, but it's a pretty logical move. Trade a 7 footer who wasn't producing for another 7 footer who's at least not been any worse, and a three point shooter with legit shooting guard size. This team desperately needs some of those long range shots to start dropping, and Carroll has definitely shown the ability to shoot with range in the past.

Man I'm bummed Gana turned out to be such a waste, though. I was strongly behind the Mavs signing him in the offseason because of the impact he'd had for the team in the past as a defender. I wasn't expecting him to be much of a contributor on offense, so the paltry point totals weren't that big a deal relative to my expectations, but his virtually complete inability to change the game defensively this season was a downer and a surprise. Oh well, perhaps Hollins' athleticism will help him find a role on the team.