View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 11:13 PM   #110
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Two things: 1) the thing that brought X dollars in today is not the same thing that was rumored to be on the verge of bringing in more than X last week, because Dallas still has Stack's contract to use in another trade, and 2) it's not necessarily the case that the Mavs are finished with the X; in fact, the impression one gets from the media members who are presumably most tuned in to what's going on in the Mavs front office is precisely the opposite, and I'd say the odds are pretty good that another, more impactful (whether for good or ill) trade is likely to follow.

Perhaps some people felt confident that Felton was going to become a solid starting point for the Mavs. If you fall in that camp, then your disappointment that Dallas' didn't (hasn't yet) acquired him is reasonable.

For my part, while it would have been my hope had that trade gone through that Felton would've lived up to that standard and made Kidd and that giant expiring contract of his expendable, I'm far from certain that would've been the case, so it's hard for me to get too down about not having him here. More importantly, though, if Stack's contract paired with the high-dollar lump that Diop turned out to be was in the neighborhood of enough to acquire Felton, then surely Stack's contract (which is only going to increase in trade value leading up to the offseason) paired with something else more palatable and attractive should be able to fetch the Mavs something better than Felton.
"I can't quit you!"

Or...I can't rep you enough!