View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

eeew...Marion is an above-average player whose days in Phoenix made him look like a superstar due to the system. I would have serious reservations about a J-Ho for Marion straight-up swap, since I don't see it as much of a talent upgrade (if at all) and we run the risk of losing Marion in a few months with nothing in return. Consider that it would also take Stack to get the deal done, and I hate it--not because I like Stack, but because I think we can get more for his contract.

Even with Marion & Kidd coming off the books this year, I don't think we would have enough cap room to be contenders in the 2009 free-agent market, even though there will probably be some good bargains to be had as teams stockpile cap room for 2010.

If the Mavs were able to get Miami's #1 as part of the deal, I'd consider it a bit more--though that would CLEARLY signal a complete rebuild in the works. Which might not be a bad thing at this point, I'm so fed up with this team right now.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote