View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 05:57 PM   #21
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
No, the rules are not fine. The rules result in giving an entirely unfair advantage to the handful of Chinese players, among other issues. Yi Jianlian almost making the starting lineup has absolutely nothing to do with "people liking his style of play." He was almost voted in because he's from a country whose population comprises over 1/6th of the entire earth. He could average 5 ppg and play basketball like a pigeon with down syndrome and he'd still get an incredible amount of votes.

I find it interesting that you wrote that the rules provide "parody." Clearly, you meant "parity," but I think what you said is actually more accurate. The rules parodize decent all-star selection systems and give us hilarious results year after year. Parody indeed.

And, as for parity, what makes you think there should be parity in an all-star game? That's exactly the opposite of what an all-star game is about. There shouldn't be any parity whatsoever--it should be the very best players.
you have just been lawyered!

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote