View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #44
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

( we have too many parents who have zero interest in being parents...)

News flash...here is a statement I actually agree with UD on.

But I would caution between no interest and the naive notion that they know how to be parents.

Look, I am NOT perfect...I know it's a shock to some, but yes, I have quite a bit to learn in life...

When I became a dad, I was unmarried...I was below poverty level and had no clue what it was going to be like.

In the early years, I was a bit controlling...parenting the way I had been parented...

Months after my son was born, his mom and I got married...

We've learned a ton of stuff over the years and we adapted and sacrificed our personal wants for the needs of not only our first son, but our 2nd son as well.

This year, both our sons will graduate HS, both are in the process of shopping for the right college and both qualify for some pretty strong academic scholoarships. Both are in the top 5% of their class.

By the way, both where homeschooled until their freshman year of HS.

Ultimately it came down to our choice as individuals, as a mom and dad...and we chose to adjust our lives for the responsibility of being a parent.

We made mistakes along the way, and I am certain we will make mistakes going forward...we are now transitioning into being parents of adult children.

Learning to have a relationship with my sons as they are now adults is somewhat challenging, but at the same time AWESOME!!!

We have been blessed and I don't discount that.

We also learned and at an early age for the boys, we treated them with respect and we acted on our belief in them as individuals.

We didn't let our shortcomings interfere with their development.

I say, that to echo you comment...too many parents are insecure in who they are, and ultimately try to control their kids rather than raise their kids.

I can tell you, that we received advice to abort our kids, because we were kids at the time. Well, I can tell you now that we are glad we ignored that advice and we cherish the very lives that they have lived and will live as they turn into great young men.

How many great lives are sacrificed at the hands of abortion?

What great leaders never took a breath?

What great Peace activists never saw the break of light?

How many Mothers have been wounded by the advice and subsequent choice to abort?

At the end of the day, no matter how rosie abortionists make it out to be, this is an issue that is hurting and killing millions of people. This is every bit as important as it was to stop Sadam and even furthe back, Hitler.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote