View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 10:25 AM   #14
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I think this coach kinda got hosed.

I read his letter and I gotta agree with the guy. Teams like his probably only have 7 or 8 players suiting up so it's kind of hard to pull of your starters, and they still had most of the 4th quarter to play when they stopped scoring altogether. Ironic that the losers are being praised because they kept trying, while the winners are condemned because they didn't lay down and stop trying soon enough.

The problem here is plainly that they won "100-0" rather than "87-0" or "96-0", the differences being a matter of nice round numbers, not a question of whether one team completely curb-stomped and humiliated a bunch of spares.

----------------

Once upon a time, yours truly was in a game where the opposing team was kicking our ass and was on the verge of hitting triple didgets with just about a minute. I told their best scorer that if they were going to cross 100 they were going to have to do it from the free throw line because I was gonna knock the s___ out of him if he took another shot. A few seconds later he was on the free throw line and I'd been kicked out of the game.

Funny thing is that this was a church league game.

Last edited by alexamenos; 01-27-2009 at 10:38 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote