View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #34
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I wouldn't add Dirk to that list unless you're wanting to blow it up, I'm not wanting to do that. He is still the center piece of this roster and you can build around him. I wasn't saying you automatically trade Jet for the simple and sole reason that his value is it's highest right now.

I know what Hughes is contract is...I want my cake and to eat it too. I don't want a player for the sheer value of having him potentially expire, I want him to be able to contribute at a high level. I'm not sold on Hughes being able to do that for us. An example of what I would want is Jermaine O'Neal. He instantly gives us a big man that you have to respect down low, and he can still play on the perimeter a bit. He has health concerns but I trust his performance based on his size and abilities, I trust them more than Hughes. It's simple, big man or guard...you'll take the big man because good ones are so hard to find or obtain.

I said it in one of my earlier posts...why do you trade a guard for a guard straight up unless you're dumping salary or doing something else? It just sounds like trading for the sake of trading...we definitely don't need to do that. I think you have to go Big for guard or vice versa. If you do that, you still have assets that you can still use to obtain a SG or C, depending on what you get with the first deal.
Here is where I answered your question on trading position for position straight up: http://dallas-mavs.com/vb/showpost.p...&postcount=127

Ok, you are not sold on Hughes because of injuries, so you are sold on O'Neal because of injuries? Lets hit on another point. You say Hughes does not perform, so lets check the numbers (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/larry_hughes/index.html), now lets compare that to the combined numbers of our SG starters (Except Jet) and tell me what you get?

Latest report from the Bulls: Update: Bulls general manager John Paxson confirmed he is trying to trade Hughes, the Chicago Tribune reports.

Give me Hughes in a heartbeat with his size, defense and contract for the SG slot, over a 21million center who is injury prone and going from team to team, while we already have a decent center at 10million.

Lastly, I dont understand why you say keep Dirk, when you first said that if an offer come on a table that makes sense, pull the trigger. And you also agreed that trading Jet should be right before trading Dirk? So, we agree on that, then you should agree that trading Jet is a fire sale as well, because that means everyone else is gone that we have talked about?
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote