View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 03:58 PM   #91
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

My problem is with the local media. The school districts can be careful...fine. That's a good thing.

The media can hide behind "well we didn't know it wasn't going to get bad here" if the want to, but come on. It doesn't matter how much of a chance of winter weather there is, their producers are telling them to play it up and put threatening headlines on the newscast and on the web site...it's sensationalist journalism and they do it because the morons that live here get all "OH MAN DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE ICE???" And there's some moron from channel 4, 100 miles west of us on the news showing a sidewalk on the broadcast that sat in front of a sprinkler all night long going "LOOK AT THAT ICE! DANGER!"

Umm look at the radar. We got nothin. I just wish I could get a realistic forecast from someone.